Saturday, June 25, 2011

MY SCHOOL DAYS


School days matter a lot for everyone. These are the prior days of our lives. The base on which the whole life moves ahead .the full of enthusiasm, introduction of knowledge, development of basic skills, learn to develop own self &personality identity. A person spends almost1/5 of his life in school, most of all; one merely spends in any other learning areas or universities. this gives the child the initial structure of owns development; the development milestones from preschooler to adolescents. So does mine .I experience my school life with all the core task of "Initiative versus Guilt”, ”Industry versus Inferiority” & ”Identity versus role confusion”.

It has been long since I left school, almost 7-8 years, most of my memories has been blurred up whereas some are clear as ever. My classmates were my friends & even today I’m glad that I can meet most of them. Though I think I may not remember some of them too. Those days passed like a beautiful dreams, every day starts with the assembly & ends with the last class, then rushing out to go home, almost 8 hours a day. After the days of study, waiting for the weekends and holidays to come. I used to wish that exam never comes but very next year the fiscal exam& new grade with new enthusiasm. The class hours busy in learning, class works, reading and so on. Yes, for sure, the break time & the leisure time, is most enjoyable time; everyone busy on their talking, playing, the guys used to tease one another where the whole class were enjoying their talks. The whole class become noisy as the fish market, later at the mean time while the teacher enters the class, a pin drop silent.

I found myself an innocent, shy, most likely to cry & disciplined one in school days, smallest among the girls, that’s why I used to be at the first my class assembly row, that’s funny I was at least ahead there but neither in any of other sector of like reading or sports. The faces of my classmates becomes familiar since class four. Class 4 is the time when especially we were allowed to write with ink pens. Oh god those days, fountain pens & Chinese pens, the ink sprinkles over the uniforms and the hand almost blue with ink over here & there. So does the handwriting, cursive or joining. Our teacher, Prahlad Ghising ,I could say none of us will forgot him. He taught writing back the single letter in English copy, those tortoise letters, giraffe letters and the monkey letters. He was a nice teacher, encourage a lot.

I could say we were lucky to have very nice teachers in our lives. But I never understand, why I ‘m never interested in doing home works. As usual, excuses and punishment every day. Especially, Krishna sir and nepali ma’am, really might be fed up of me.

Those days were fantastic. In spite of first come & seat reserve trend ,we had the trend of rotation of seats.

Nirmala & Ashmita were nice to me since then, still they are the same. Nilima joined us since class5 & they are the bestest friends ever.

Since class 5,Sumitra & Sangita joined us ,the six in our group, just like that.

Nirmala is ever understanding and helpful, Ashmita as ever charming, Nilima was nice and humorous, Sumitra was a cool &enjoying girl and Sangita seems more responsible and understanding one.

Still remember those days, we used to eat paus at class time, making paper toys, boats, flowers, we were in caught once by teacher.

Every one in the class was especial and friendly.

Our excursion tour at the National history Museum”, every one was so tired then walking the long way from school to swoyambhu. But the keen interest of visiting and enjoying persisted as ever.

The school(Rising Star Secondary School) shifted to Bafal when we were on five class.

Basu sir used to be the strict teacher then. Home works with clear handwritings, no mistakes and hardcover copies. His such behave improves the habits of most of students. At least I used to do the home works of English.

In class9(A),we had Field visit at” Oselling monastery”, my first ever field visit. We all enjoyed a lot there. We had the monastery review, interview with lamas & nuns, the indigenous peoples & their surroundings.

Those were the days, we insisted Nepali ma’am to tell stories. Attentively hearing the history in social studies but ever confused on dates. Wondering the science & messing up with math problems, much more brainstorming. The mathematics theorem and never solved mystery ‘what is the value of x?’HPE class used to be enjoying and noisy.

Account, just think, how can a kid memories all those, being bookworm. Journals, blancesheet & so on.

The exam times, never been able to finish paper in time, being so slow in writing.

Though after class 9,our class has been sectioned into two; section ‘A’&’B’, ‘Daisy’& ‘lily’. But we had never felt, once there is the leisure the whole class messed up and the noisy class begins.

Sarila, Reena, Sisira,Saparna, Meena, Yunita, Rama, Roshani, Niman,Nilima,Ashmita,Saraswoti, Retina, Shripa, Bidhya, Ekta,Manisha, the girls among us. There are others too. But I just can’t figure out.

Anil,Jeetu,Sameer,Lijan,Pema,Suresh,Yuras,Pradip,Ghanashyam,Badan,Bijay,Dikesh,Sujit,Ja,Narendra, Balmukunda,Amrit,Tilak, the boys among us. There are others too. But I just can’t figure out.

The season of sports day, everyone participating in sports, we used to have lots of fun. ‘Cheering and hooting’.

They do resemble the adolescent characteristics, eagerness to attend on groupism, works, and study. Sometimes they behave so responsibly which made me amazed too.

Such as, visiting Reena after her father’s funeral with empathetic humble emotions.

Now I realize that was the experience.

My class never attempts ragging or teasing to any one who don’t like that. I’m proud of my class diligence. Once I remember, while teasing one another, the guys unintentionally tease one of the friend, she sobbed up, they apologized.. I, do used to sob in minor words , I know they better know me for that.

Class 9 and 10 were the periods of stress for SLC. Practicing those model questions, asking teachers for the answers and worrying about the exams.

Coaching classes, though I don’t attend them.

Sent up test at Vishwo Niketan.

SLC at Gyanodaya higher sec school.

The last day of listening and viva was more interesting. Since our school have large number of students, we were kept on same hall.

Viva for the first time, I was really excited.

The result was out; most of us passed out. Everyone of us were happy, we visited school offered sweets to the teachers, Gyanu ma’am, Santosh sir,& others.

In my locality, the SLC passed students of the ward were awarded then. Many of our classmates attend the programme.

That might be the last day I have met most of my school friends.

Previously my perception was that every classmate were friends;But sometimes, I just feel that reading together don’t mean being friends .

But now I am quite amazed on myself because that’s not the meaning of friendship though.

Now, I thrive myself lucky in context of friends. I wish our friendship continues like this for ever………..

AND from then, my life moves on the new path with the SLC certificate & golden memories of school life ………

No comments: